1. Enjoy voice control
70mai dash cam supports voice control. When you are driving, just say the voice command to the device, it will understand you and act accordingly and no manual operation needed.
70mai Dash Cam supports the following voice commands:
- Take picture: Quickly capture a photo.
- Record video: Record an emergency video clip and save separately to the event folder.
- Record without sound: Stop recording sound, the video recorded is soundless. It’s useful when the conversation between passengers is private.
- Record with sound: Start to record sound, including the sound inside the vehicle. All the videos and sound are only saved in the microSD card.
- Turn off Wi-Fi: Turn off Wi-Fi hotspot of the dash cam.
- Turn on Wi-Fi: Turn on Wi-Fi hotspot of the dash cam.
2. Secrets of indicator
The indicator of 70mai dash cam is ring-shaped and is at the outer edge of the power key.
Different indicator colors and flashing status indicate different operations of the device.
Keeping on state
When the device is turned on, the indicator is turned on.
While the device is in different running mode, the color of indicator changes as follows:
- Green：Normally recording;
- Blue: Not in recording mode;
- Red: Error in recording.
When the indicator is breathing (regardless of color), the Wi-Fi hotspot is open.
When the indicator is keeping on (regardless of color), the Wi-Fi hotspot is closed.
When the device executes a temporary task, the indicator is flashing during the whole task process.
There are following temporary tasks：
|Indicator state||Temporary task|
|Flashing green||Recording an emergency video|
|Flashing blue||Formatting the microSD card|
Restoring factory settings
Receiving update package
Waiting for the connection authorization from App
|Flashing red||Low battery|
3. Choose proper microSD cards
For the dash cam, microSD cards are the key accessories. Always use high-quality microSD cards to ensure that the device can record videos reliably.
70mai Smart dash cam supports standard microSD cards. Please use microSD cards with a capacity of 16GB~64GB and a read/write speed of Class 10 and above. Before using a new microSD card, please format it in the dash cam.
When choosing microSD cards, please choose those purchased through official channels. Poor quality micorSD cards may have problems such as the nominal read/write speed does not match the actual read/write speed, and the nominal capacity does not match the actual capacity.
4. Tips for using microSD cards
Those tips help to protect both your dash cam and the microSD card.
- Do not insert or remove the microSD card while the dash cam is on. Doing so may cause damage to the device and the microSD card.
- Please format the microSD card in the dash cam when it is used for the first time. Formatting it in other devices may cause file partition difference thus leading to a malfunction to the microSD card.
- In order to avoid slow reading and writing speed, after a microSD card is used for a long time, it is recommended to format it in the dash cam every two month. Formatting deletes all the files in the microSD card, so please save important videos in advance.
5. Avoid to use the dash cam in an extreme temperature
Avoid to use the dash cam in an extremely high temperature as this may damage the battery of the device. Please note the working temperature is between -20℃ and 60℃.
If your car still supply power to the cigarette lighter after it is stopped, when it is parked in an area that exposes it to direct sun rays in summer, please plug out the power cable of the dash cam to turn the device off.