1.Q：How to power on?
Dash Cam pro supports the following three ways to power on:
- Press the Power button;
- If the device is connected to the cigarette lighter, when the car is started and the cigarette lighter is power-on, the device automatically turns on;
- If the parking surveillance function is enabled, when any collision or movement of the car is detected, the device automatically turns on.
2.Q：How to power off?
Dash Cam Pro supports the following three ways to power off:
- Press and hold the Power button for about 3 seconds to power off the Dash Cam.
- Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to force shutdown the Dash Cam.
- If the device is connected to the cigarette lighter, when the car is stopped and the cigarette lighter is power-off, the device automatically turns off.
In the following cases, Dash Cam Pro automatically turns off:
- No external power supply and the built-in battery is low;
- No external power supply and the ambient temperature exceeds the discharge temperature range of the built-in battery;
- The device runs in the high temperature that exceeds the operating temperature.
* Some cars still supply power to the cigarette lighters after they are stopped. For the precautions for turning on/off the device in this case, see the section “Power Usage”.
3. Q: Do I need to manually turn on/off the Dash Cam Pro in my car?
If the Dash Cam Pro is connected to the cigarette lighter, there is no need to manually turn on/off it. Every time the car is started (i.e. the cigarette lighter port is power-on), the device will automatically turn on. When the car is stopped (i.e. the cigarette lighter port is power-off), the device will automatically turn off.
In some cars, the cigarette lighters will continue to be power-on after the cars are stopped. For such a car, you need to manually turn off the device, and manually turn it on when the car is started the next time.
4. Q: Can the device be used without external power supply?
The device has a built-in battery, but it is only used to supply power for final video storage when the device is turned off and during parking monitoring. It is not recommended to use the device without an external power supply.
When the device screen prompts “Low battery; please connect the charging cable”, please plug in the charging cable.