1. How to connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of the dash cam pro?
The Wi-Fi hotspot of the dash cam pro can only be used to operate the 70mai app and does not support connect to the Internet.
Please follow the steps blew to connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of the dash cam pro:
(1) Open the 70mai app on your phone, tap “Add device”, find “70 Mai Smart Dash Cam Pro” on the list then tap to enter the interface.
(2) Follow the instructions on the screen to turn on the Wi-Fi hotspot in the dash cam pro and then tap “Next”.
(3) Tap “Connect”. Find the dash cam pro Wi-Fi hotspot in your phone’s Wi-Fi list, then tap it and input the password. (the password will display on the Wi-Fi hotspot interface in the dash cam pro)
(4) Return to the 70mai app, follow the voice instruction to complete the authorization.
2. Can the Wi-Fi hotspot password be modified?
Please follow the steps blew to modify the Wi-Fi hotspot password of the dash cam pro on the 70mai app:
(1) After successfully connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of the dash cam pro, tap ” “in the right corner of the main interface to enter “Settings“;
(2) Tap “Set Wi-Fi password”, then follow the instructions on the screen to input the old and new passwords;
(3) After the password is modified, please re-connect your phone with the dash cam pro Wi-Fi hotspot.
3. What if I forget the new password of the Wi-Fi hotspot?
The password will always display on the Wi-Fi hotspot interface in the dash cam pro and sync with the changes from the app.
If you forget the new password, please go to “Settings” – “Wi-Fi hotspot” in the dash cam pro to find it.
4. What should I do if I cannot see the dash cam Pro’s Wi-Fi hotspot in the Wi-Fi hotspot list in the phone?
If you cannot see the dash cam pro’s Wi-Fi hotspot in your phone’s Wi-Fi hotspot list, do the following:
(1) Make sure the dash cam pro Wi-Fi hotspot is on. If it is not, open it on the dash cam pro;
(2) Turn off the wireless LAN (or WLAN) and then on again in the phone’s system settings.
After doing the above, if you still cannot find the dash cam pro Wi-Fi hotspot, please contact customer service.
5. Why does the phone display “Security Verification Fail” during the connection?
Security verification failed because there was no consent to the connection of the phone on the dash cam pro side.
Please follow the steps below to reconnect:
(1) Go to – “My devices” and tap “70mai Smart Dash cam Pro” to enter the device detail page. Tap “” to delete the device from the device list.
Note: During the process of deleting a device, you must ensure that the mobile phone network can be used. Otherwise, only the local device information is deleted. After connect with the Internet, the device information will be renewed from the cloud.
(2) After successfully delete the device, please add the device again then connect.
6. When using iPhones to connect the dash cam pro Wi-Fi hotspot, why “Cannot join the network” prompts when entering the password?
Hotspot that has been input with wrong password will be determined as illegal by iPhone when a second try of input happens in a short time. And a pop-up dialog box “Cannot join the network xxxx (xxxx is Wi-Fi hot spot name) ” will display on the screen.
In this case, please exit the password interface, back to the Wi-Fi hotspot list, select the dash cam pro hotspot and then re-connect.
If the above operation still cannot make a successful connection, please click [i] icon on the right side of the dash cam pro hotspot in the Wi-Fi hotspot list, enter the Wi-Fi hotspot details interface, and then click “Ignore this network”. After ignoring the dash cam pro Wi-Fi hotspot, you can connect again.