1. How to turn on the device?
The dashcam supports the following ways of startup:
- Press and hold the power button for startup.
- Connect the cigarette lighter and start the vehicle. The cigarette lighter will be powered by the vehicle and the dashcam will be turned on automatically.
- Enable the Parking Surveillance function. The dashcam will be turned on automatically when any collision or movement of the vehicle is detected in Parking Surveillance mode.
If no external power supply is connected and the built-in battery has a low capacity, the dashcam will not be started.
2. How to turn off the device?
The dashcam supports the following ways for shutdown:
- Press and hold the power button.
- Connect the cigarette lighter and turn off the engine. When the power supply from the vehicle to the cigarette lighter is discontinued, the dashcam will be turned off automatically.
- If no external power supply is connected and the built-in battery has a low capacity;
- If no external power supply is connected and the ambient temperature exceeds the discharge temperature limit of the built-in battery;
- If the dashcam is working under high temperature that exceeds its operating temperature limit;
- If the microSD card is removed while the dashcam is working;
- When the engine is turned off and there is residual power in the cigarette lighter, if the vehicle is kept stationary for 10 minutes (you may select the time for automatic shutdown in the Dash Cam Settings) and the dashcam is left untouched, the product will switch off automatically.
3. Do I need to manually turn the device on and off?
If the device is powered by the cigarette lighter receptacle, the device does not need to be manually turned on and off. Whenever the engine is started (the receptacle is powered), the device will automatically turn on. When the engine is turned off (the receptacle is no long powered), the device will automatically turn off.
In some cars, the cigarette lighter receptacle will continued to be powered even after the engine is turned off. In such cases, the device must be manually turned off. The device will have to be manually turned on again the next time the engine is started.
4. Can the device be used without an external power supply?
The device features a built-in battery which is mainly intended for saving videos when the device is turned off and for parking surveillance mode. It is not recommended to use the device without an external power supply.
When the device interface shows Low power. Please connect to a car charger, please connect the device to a car charger.