1. How to connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of the Dash Cam?
The Wi-Fi hotspot of the Dash Cam can only be used to operate the 70mai app and does not support connect to the Internet.
Please follow the steps blew to connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of the Dash Cam:
(1) Open the 70mai app on your phone, tap Add device, find 70mai Rearview Dash Cam Wide on the list, then tap to enter the interface.
(2) Follow the instructions on the screen to turn on the Wi-Fi hotspot of the Dash Cam and then tap Next.
(3) Tap Connect. Find the Dash Cam Wi-Fi hotspot in your phone’s Wi-Fi list, then tap it and input the password. (the password will display on the Wi-Fi hotspot interface in the Dash Cam)
(4) Return to the 70mai app, follow the voice instruction to complete the authorization.
2. Can the Wi-Fi hotspot password be modified?
Please follow the steps blew to modify the Wi-Fi hotspot password of the Dash Cam on the 70mai app:
(1) After successfully connect to the dash cam Wi-Fi hotspot, tap icon in the right corner of the main interface to enter Settings;
(2) Tap Set Wi-Fi password, then follow the instructions on the screen to input the old and new passwords;
(3) After the password is modified, please re-connect your phone with the Dash Cam Wi-Fi hotspot.
3. What if I forget the new password of the Wi-Fi hotspot?
The password will always display on the Wi-Fi hotspot interface in the dash cam and sync with the changes from the app.
If you forget the new password, please go to System settings > Wi-Fi hotspot in the Dash Cam to find it.
4. What should I do if I cannot see the Dash Cam’s Wi-Fi hotspot in the Wi-Fi hotspot list in the phone?
If you cannot see the Dash Cam’s Wi-Fi hotspot in your phone’s Wi-Fi hotspot list, do the following:
(1) Make sure the Dash Cam Wi-Fi hotspot is on. If it is not, open it in System settings > Wi-Fi hotspot on the Dash Cam.
(2) Turn off the wireless LAN (or WLAN) and then on again in the phone’s system settings.
After doing the above, if you still cannot find the Dash Cam Wi-Fi hotspot, please contact customer service.
5. Why does the phone display “Security Verification Fail” during the connection?
Security verification failed because there was no consent to the connection of the phone on the Dash Cam side.
Please follow the steps below to reconnect:
(1) Go to > My devices and tap 70mai Rearview Dash Cam Wide to enter the device detail page. Tap to delete the device from the device list.
Note: During the process of deleting a device, you must ensure that the mobile phone network can be used. Otherwise, only the local device information is deleted. After connect with the Internet, the device information will be renewed from the cloud.
(2) After successfully delete the device, please add the device again then connect.
6. When using iPhones to connect the Dash Cam Wi-Fi hotspot, why “Cannot join the network” prompts when entering the password?
Hotspot that has been input with wrong password will be determined as illegal by iPhone when a second try of input happens in a short time. And a pop-up dialog box Cannot join the network xxxx (xxxx is Wi-Fi hot spot name) will display on the screen.
In such case, please exit the password interface, back to the Wi-Fi hotspot list, select the Dash Cam hotspot and then re-connect.
If the above operation still cannot make a successful connection, please click icon on the right side of the Dash Cam hotspot in the Wi-Fi hotspot list, enter the Wi-Fi hotspot details interface, and then click Ignore this network. After ignoring the Dash Cam Wi-Fi hotspot, you can connect again.
7. Q: Why is “Password Error” displayed during reconnection to Wi-Fi hotspot of the dash cam after it is reset to factory default?
After reset to factory default, the device’s Wi-Fi password is automatically modified. Therefore, please use the password displayed on System settings > Wi-Fi hotspot page of the device.